Bored with your pure white or cream kitchen? Try adding a splash of color, light or bright, to freshen up it ones again. When it comes to modern kitchen designs in Sydney, there are certain shades you can choose from that shine such as yellow, red, green, white, orange, purple blue and more. Different color shades can be used in new ways in the kitchen.
The number of colors you can choose for kitchen walls and cabinets is indeed endless. You can streamline your search using a few parameters, such as the current theme and color combination at your home. Another thing which matters a lot if your choice that what color you want in your cooking area.
Never pick anything that you are not comfortable with and to make things pretty easier for you, here are five popular colors you can use in your kitchen:
1. Plush Purples – This is like the color of the year as purples and violets have been all the rage in the last few months. According to predictions by interior designers, this will continue to stay popular in the next few years too. Purple gives a smooth and stunning look to any room and instantly gives the kitchen visual richness. Either you can paint the cabinets purple or adorn your walls with this vibrant color. One thing you will have to keep in mind if you select this color is matching hues. For more curated and modern finish, pair it with a neutral shade as too much purple can make space look messy and small.
2. An array of Blues – There are many shades of blue that can make your kitchen look amazingly beautiful and huge. Blue is cool, and even a hint of this color in your kitchen can have a great impact on the ambiance of the room. Few of the popular shades of blue are navy, teal, turquoise, cyan and more. If you want a sophisticated yet stylish look, paint the cabinets blue and walls cream or white. For a more funky look, paint the opposite walls dark blue and remaining two with sky blue. Lighter blues bring beach and sky to your kitchen while dark shades are striking and bring energy.
3. Splash of Orange – This warming color is bright and playful and pairs nicely with gray and white accents. If you want to make your kitchen look vibrant and feel fresh, a splash of orange can do wonders. It is a shade that needs balance and should be used in moderation. Pair it with very light shades such as gray or white to have a huge impact. Even one or two orange cabinets can make your kitchen stand out. Avoid painting everything in the kitchen with orange, instead, try mix and match.
4. The fun of Red – Red has been used in the kitchen for years, and now the color is available in a variety of shades. It gives your kitchen a more modern edge being a vibrant and warm color. Red is known to stimulate appetite and can instantly brighten up a kitchen. There is no need to use a traditional red as there are so many options to choose from. Reds with a hint of pink can do wonders in a room, and raspberry tiles would look amazing as a back-splash. If your want to add some drama, consider cranberry-red cabinets with neutral countertops. Other pop-ups include coral, magenta, and poppy that can wake up a boring kitchen.
5. Super Stylish Neon – Neon shades are the latest buzz and can transform a boring kitchen into a stylish and vibrant one. Neon green and yellow are extremely popular choices and getting lots of attention in the fashion world. These colors are electric and give a super stylish look if used smartly. Neon shades must be used in small doses such as on an accent wall, inside the pantry or on cabinets. If you do not want to paint the walls or cabinets neon, there is always an option to add accessories that will bring pope of neon fun into your kitchen.